BLANDEN ART MUSEUM
The Blanden Art Museum is located in the Historic Oak Hill District of Fort Dodge, a city on the Des Moines River settled in the 1850s and developed as a mining, agricultural and commercial center of Webster County.
The museum is a neo-classical public building constructed on private land and financed by Charles Granger Blanden. The museum and grounds were donated to the City of Fort Dodge at completion in 1932.
The Blanden Charitable Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to the Blanden Art Museum. By raising funds through museum membership and gift endowment, the Blanden Charitable Foundation provides program funding for special exhibitions, education, events, collections conservation, and publications.
The museum permanent collection includes the Ann R. Smeltzer Modernist collection of European and American painting and sculpture, the Harold D. Peterson collection of European and American prints, American photography, contemporary American art, Iowa artists, and Japanese screens and prints.
The mission of the Blanden Art Museum is to provide engaging learning opportunities that center on creative exhibits and programming. Integrating visual arts into everyday life, inspiring future generations.
To be the region’s recognized art leader providing quality exhibits, education, resources, creative community outreach and integrated art experiences.